Student Art Contest
Give your students a chance to gain some very special recognition for their creative work!
Announcing our 2021 contest theme:
For the past five years, visitors to our lobby have been wowed by the outstanding work done by Wisconsin public school students and we’re happy to showcase their talent!
In 2021, we are accepting art that focuses on enriching lives through diversity and inclusion. Through art, we are celebrating what makes each one of us unique. It could be:
- Your unique style of art.
- An attribute that makes you unique.
- Something that makes you proud of who you are.
Now accepting student art!
Contest open March 1 – April 30, 2021
Thanks to our generous donor, up to ten finalists will win a $500 prize, and one grand prize “Best in Show” winner will win a $1,500 prize. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges selected by WEA Member Benefits.
We are looking for uplifting and inspiring artwork that exemplifies originality, expression, use of artistic elements, principals of design, overall presentation of artwork, and message. We will accept any two-dimensional painting, drawing, or photograph suitable for display that can be framed and hung on a wall.
WHO MAY ENTER
Students must be enrolled in grades K–12 in a Wisconsin public school at the time the artwork is submitted. All work must be the original work of the student.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries must include the official signed application and JPG, GIF, PNG, or PDF of the student’s artwork submission. Please use the appropriate online form below to enter your student art. We will only be accepting digital entries. Artwork submitted and mailed to WEA Member Benefits will not be accepted and will not be returned.
**BEFORE YOU BEGIN**
- Download the official student art application and official contest rules.
–English contest rules (PDF)
–Spanish contest rules (Reglas del concurso español) (PDF)
Complete the application in full and attach a copy to the online form.
- Prepare copies of the student art to be submitted and attach copies to the online form. You may submit multiple low-resolution files. Label each file with the student’s name (e.g. FirstName_LastName.jpg). Files allowed are JPG, GIF, PNG, and PDF. Maximum file size: 32MB. If you are a finalist, we will require your original artwork.
- If you have any artist statements to go with your submissions, you may include them in the online form.
- Select the appropriate form below (for parents / for teachers) and follow the instructions provided.
If you have any questions, please send us an email. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in WEA Member Benefits’ Student Art Contest!