If You Are In An Accident
Advice on what to do from WEA Member Benefits
If you have an accident call:
- 1-800-279-4030 during regular business hours
- 1-800-241-2541 for emergency claims after-hours (please provide reference #11497)
- Or file a claim online
When you have an accident…
Things to do
- Your safety and the safety of your passengers is most important. If you are in traffic or in a dangerous area, find a safe place from which to contact the police or emergency medical services.
- Report it to the police. This is particularly important if anyone is injured or if you think the damage to a vehicle or other property may be more than $1,000. Try to be as accurate as possible when providing information to the police.
- Write down the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and insurance information of everyone involved.
- Report your claim to us as soon as possible by calling 1-800-279-4030 or by visiting us online at weabenefits.com.
Things not to do
- Do not discuss liability issues at the scene of the accident or with other involved parties.
- Do not post pictures or broadcast sensitive details of the accident on Facebook or other social media sites.
- Do not make insurance related decisions without talking to us first.
- Do not authorize repairs before getting our approval.
Emergency claims after-hours
Call Claims Alert at 1-800-241-2541 (please provide reference #11497), and we will respond immediately to guide you through the claims process. Remember, an emergency claim is one that needs immediate attention, such as a stranded vehicle or an accident in which someone is seriously injured.
Our new car guarantee
You’ve heard the old saying, “Your car loses value as soon as you drive it off the lot.” That’s not the case if you’re insured with WEA Member Benefits. If you have a total loss of a new vehicle that is less than 180 days old, we promise to pay the original purchase price of the vehicle.
What to do when your vehicle needs to be repaired
When it is time to repair your vehicle, you have two choices. You can let us take care of the work for you by going to a body shop that is part of our direct repair program, or you can do the legwork yourself. Here’s a brief description of your options:
Direct repair program
When you call to report an auto claim, we’ll give you the name of a reputable body shop that is part of our direct repair program. Because we have agreements with these body shops to provide quality service at a fair price, there’s no need to get another estimate.
After the repairs have been made, all you have to do is sign an authorization form when you pick up your vehicle. If you are satisfied with the repairs, the body shop will send the bill to us, and we’ll pay them directly. Your only obligation will be to pay the deductible.
Non-direct repair body shops
Depending upon the degree of the damage, we will either send an adjuster to personally inspect your vehicle or request that you provide us with estimates from two repair shops. We will work with the shop to ensure your vehicle is repaired to your satisfaction.
Our promise to you
We will deliver fair, prompt, and accurate claim service. If we don’t meet the terms of this guarantee, we will reimburse your deductible up to a maximum of $250.
Through our guarantee you will receive:
- A response to your claim-related questions within one business day.
- Contact from a field adjuster (when it is appropriate) within one business day after speaking with one of our claims staff.
- An on-site inspection (when it is appropriate) within three business days after speaking with one of our claims staff.
- Clear and accurate information on all claim settlement decisions.
WMBT 2700-290-0417 (W)
Effective April 2017. Policies and programs described are subject to change at any time.