What is it?
The Parnassus Core Equity fund is a large-cap blend fund with an objective to provide capital appreciation and income by investing principally in equity securities of larger capitalization companies.
How does it work?
This fund is an actively managed portfolio using different strategies, including:
Dividends. At least 75% of the fund’s total assets will normally be invested in equity securities that pay interest and dividends. The remaining 25% may be invested in non-dividend-paying securities.
Environmental Social Governance (ESG). The Parnassus Core Equity fund seeks to invest in companies with positive performance on ESG criteria. Environmental criteria consider how a company performs as a steward of nature. Social criteria examine how it manages relationships with employees, suppliers, customers, and the communities where it operates. Governance deals with a company’s leadership, executive pay, audits, internal controls, and shareholder rights.
Defensive nature. The portfolio managers focus on high-quality companies that may perform better than the market during downturns.
All investments involve risk and investing in the Parnassus Core Equity Fund is no exception. You could lose money investing in the Fund. The likelihood of loss may be greater if you invest for a shorter period of time. The Fund is intended for investors who can accept that there will be fluctuations in value.
The number of funds that incorporate Environmental, Social, and Governance factors as a subset of nonfinancial performance indicators is on the rise. This is in response to many investors’ desire to invest in a way that aligns with their values.
This is not an offer. Securities can be offered by the prospectus only. The Parnassus Core Equity Fund is not suitable for all investors and the prospectus should be read carefully by an investor before investing. Investors are advised to consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses carefully before investing. This prospectus, which is available at SEC.gov and weabenefits.com/investments, and may be obtained by calling 1-800-279-4030, contains this and other information about the fund. Securities offered through WEA Investment Services, Inc. Member FINRA.