WEA Member Benefits Foundation, Inc.
In 2019, WEA Member Benefits created WEA Member Benefits Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) public charity. Its primary philanthropic mission is to help maintain a strong public school system that is open to all and to support those who do the important work of educating our children. The Foundation provides financial resources for their success, which in turn helps build strong communities.
Member Benefits President and CEO, David Kijek, leads the foundation on a volunteer basis with additional support from the organization’s Board of Directors. “At WEA Member Benefits, we’re not only helping our members become financially secure, we’re investing in our public schools, our educators, and our communities by providing philanthropic support,” he says.
Your donation to WEA Member Benefits Foundation, Inc., can help us achieve this goal of supporting teachers and their communities by:
- Underwriting school supply events.
- Awarding classroom grants.
- Sponsoring WEA Member Benefits’ Annual Student Art Contest.
- Thanking staff with events like Breakfast of Champions.
- Participating in Adopt a School programs.
- Providing Aspiring Educators with resources such as classroom starter kits.
- Supporting professional development initiatives for educators.
- And more.
Donations can be given in the form of cash or check, bequests from a will or estate plan, or qualified charitable distributions from your IRA. You may also name WEA Member Benefits Foundation, Inc., as a beneficiary in your IRA or 403(b).
To learn more or donate online, visit WEA Member Benefits Foundation, Inc. or call 1-800-279-4030.
WEA Member Benefits Foundation, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by applicable law.