The Wisconsin Retirement System pension is an important source of retirement income for most state of Wisconsin employees, including Wisconsin public school employees. How much do you know about this benefit? Get your questions answered, such as:
- The difference between the Core and Variable funds.
- How to read your ETF statement.
- Formula vs. money purchase calculations.
- Links to helpful tools, videos, calculators, and more.
Women face unique challenges when it comes to securing their financial future. Our eBook contains tips and tools to help you prepare for and meet common obstacles head on. Wherever you are in your journey, go forward with eyes open and the tools you need to navigate obstacles should they arise.
BONUS: Take your knowledge a step further! After reading the Women and Retirement eBook, download our Women and Retirement workbook. The workbook is FULL of helpful tips, resources, and information to help you along your financial journey.
Are you in the process of buying your first home, or thinking about purchasing one down the road? Our interactive Financial Guide: Buying a Home eBook is full of tips and information on purchasing, evaluating, and protecting your new home. Learn more about:
- The “real” costs of homeownership.
- Considerations regarding risk.
- Some home-buying DOs and DON’Ts.
- A checklist for evaluating a home.
- Insuring your home: How much do you know about protecting your largest investment?
- Tips on becoming a better insurance consumer.
In the event of a fire or other disaster, would you be able to remember all your possessions? An accurate inventory and proof of ownership can make the claim settlement process easier (and faster), verify losses for your income tax return, and help you purchase the correct amount of insurance.
Get helpful tips on starting your home inventory as well as fill-in-the-blank listings room by room.
Just starting out
As a recent grad and young educator, you may be feeling overwhelmed by new responsibilities and financial obligations. You’re not alone—it can be difficult to juggle rent, utilities, transportation, student loan payments, food, and every once in a while…a night out with friends. Find some balance with our free eBook.
- Get smart with helpful financial tips and surprising facts.
- Find free resources you can use right away.
- Read about real-life financial challenges and solutions from other young teachers.
Almost everything an educator needs to know about student loans, student debt, the federal student loan forgiveness program, and more. This eBook addresses frequently asked questions about student loans including:
- The different types of education loans.
- Consolidation, repayment, and special circumstances.
- The basics of the Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness program.
- Tips and checklists for applying for loan forgiveness.
When you lose someone you love, there are many details to consider. Our financial guide walks you through important financial tasks to do during the days, weeks, and months that follow after a loved on passes away. The eBook includes:
- A checklist of important to-do items when a loved one passes away.
- Important things to consider before and after the death of a loved one.
- How to protect your deceased loved one from identity theft.
- The Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and Social Security survivor and beneficiary information.
- How to move on financially after a loved one dies.
More than half a million people find themselves victims of identity theft each year. Your best protection is prevention—if identity theft happens to you, you’re responsible for what the thief does with your personally identifiable information.
While no one can protect themselves completely, there are things you can do to reduce your risk, as well as proactive steps you can take if identity theft happens to you. Understand what you need to know about identity theft, how to prevent it, and what steps to take if you are victim.