Title: Marketing Intern
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
Union Status: Non-Union
WEA Member Benefits, an organization that serves Wisconsin public school employees and their families by helping them achieve their financial goals through retirement savings and personal insurance programs, is hiring a paid Marketing Intern. The successful candidate will be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate at a university or technical college and be interested in building a career that includes content marketing, digital/social media, and marketing strategy.
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the communications and marketing department by participating in a wide range of marketing activities that promote WEA Member Benefits’ products and services to members, prospects, and other audiences. We are looking for a dependable, detail-oriented, critical thinker who will work to ensure messages are consistent with the overall brand and meet company standards to maintain and promote a positive image on behalf of the organization.
The Marketing Intern is a flexible, part-time paid position, not to exceed 20 hours per week, for a period of 90 days (may be extended as needed.)
100% – ASSIST IN ASSIGNED COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING PROJECTS THAT AID IN MEETING THE ORGANIZATION’S MISSION, GOALS, AND OBJECTIVES.
- Assist departmental staff on marketing and communications strategy, content, and delivery.
- Work with supervisor and the marketing/communications team on projects that promote the organization’s brand and mission.
- Help disseminate and evaluate information about communications and marketing activities.
- Work with a team to create and coordinate email marketing and other digital communications, as assigned.
- Assess and measure the effectiveness of communications and the developed communications plan.
- Perform assigned work for a variety of communication channels including in-house publications, print, digital, video, or face-to-face communications tactics.
- Develop news releases, event promotions, and other announcements.
- Help to maintain a comprehensive communications calendar for web content, news, advertising, and social media.
- Help to maintain organization’s social media calendar and sites including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Monitor social channels for trending news and ideas; gather metrics.
- Help review and provide feedback on the content and layout of letters, articles, and other communications.
- Participate in any other assigned projects or duties.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or associate’s degree program in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- Familiarity with designing and formatting print/electronic and other communications for mass distribution.
- Knowledge of social media, website content management systems (WordPress), and associated concepts and terminology, or the willingness and ability to learn.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize the standard and advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite as well as desktop publishing and graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress, and other related software.
- Knowledge of social and digital media and how to incorporate these tools into financial and corporate communication programs.
- Willingness and ability to learn about Member Benefits’ products and services including personal insurance and retirement and investment programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills that uses appropriate tone, grammar, and word usage to clearly and concisely explain complex ideas in a manner that:
- Communicates messages consistent with Member Benefits’ policy, plans and provisions.
- Is easily understood by various audiences.
- And motivates recipient to take specified actions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and implement variety of projects.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high performance under extreme pressure in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform market research and analytics.
- A talent for creative thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to follow critical business processes to ensure quality and timely execution of assigned projects.
- Willingness to learn, take direction, and ask questions.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume as well as the completed employee application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print, sign, and scan your application document and attach it to the email with your resume. OR mail your employee application separately to:
The Employer Group
c/o Mike Beringer
1000 Solar Ct.
Verona, WI 53593